Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Defending Joan Wheeler

My name isn’t important, as this blog isn’t about me. No, I’m NOT Joan, nor did Joan put me up to writing this blog. I would like, however, to introduce you to her.
Joan Wheeler is a good friend of mine who is a social worker, author, and adoption reform activist. An adoptee herself, Joan has written a book entitled Forbidden Family- A Half Orphans Account Of Her Adoption, Reunion and Social Activism. This book was written to tell her story as she experienced it in order to bring to light the potential issues surrounding the way adoption is handled in the U.S. today. It is in no way aimed at self-agrandisement, nor is it meant as an attack on any individual or family.
Joan’s natural family consisted of a father who was widowed 3 months after her birth, three sisters and a brother. Having four children already, her father was advised to give her up for adoption, as no other family member stepped forward to offer help in maintaining the integrity of the whole family. Thus, Joan grew up as an only child in her adoptive family, not realizing she had four natural siblings. At the age of 18, however, that changed. She received a telephone call from one of her sisters. Joan’s book goes on from there.
The purpose of this blog is not primarily to recommend Joan’s book, although it is most assuredly worth reading, nor is it to promote adoption reform, although I agree that changes are much needed. What I’m trying to accomplish is to counteract the viscous, vindictive blogs of Joan’s three natural sisters. They have maliciously and spitefully had Joan’s book pulled from publication due to their egocentric and totally erroneous belief that the book was written about them. One of Joan’s sisters, Katherine Inglis, is the author of “Chayelet’s Blog.” Of the three sisters, Katherine is the least viscous. She confines her blog mainly to defending herself from imagined attacks from Joan. Nowhere do these fabricated attacks take place. She does, however, make a number of statements in her blog which are, at least in part, patently false, leading one to believe that Joan “uses” people. Having known Joan for some time, I’ve never felt that I’ve been used. In fact, Joan has never been anything but generous to me either in speech or action. I can only speak for myself, but having known her for some time, I dismiss that accusation completely.  Kathy will, however, from time to time, post comments on her other sisters blogs.
Another of Joan’s sisters is an entirely different kind of person. Ruth Sippel Pace has written two blogs. These are nothing more than vindictive, hateful attacks on Joan with no purpose other than to cause as much damage to Joan’s reputation as possible. The whining and complaining by Ruthie is repetitive, threatening, boring, foul-mouthed, bullying, and disgusting. Ruthie seems to think the world revolves around her, and she’s more than willing to assert that Joan’s book was meant as a personal attack against Joan’s natural family. The amazing thing is that Ruthie has enough time left after her postings to do anything else with her life. The number and lengths of her postings is mind-boggling, and only to be equaled by the sheer malice and vindictiveness of the content. One of Ruthie’s stated objectives is to take back her family’s honor. If she’s an example of her family’s honor, she’s more than welcome to it. Who wants “honor” that’s tainted with such hatred in the first place? Another stated objective is to honor her mother and other members of her family. I can’t help but feel, though, that her mother would be weeping tears of embarrassment and asking herself how her family members could have produced such a hateful human being. Far from taking the family honor back, Ruthie is throwing it on the dung heap. As these two blogs have been out there for years, one can only judge Ruthie’s mental stability for themselves. Personally, I pity her, and would hope that at some point, she would realize that something might not be quite right with her and seek the psychological therapy she needs. No mentally stable individual carries such hate, let alone acts on it, for as long a time as she has.     
Now onto Ruthie’s “yes man”, Gertrude McQueen. Gertrude believes she somehow owns Joan's life. She has managed to put together a hateful tirade in the form of a blog called "

Reclaiming the Sippel-Herr Family Honor

She seems to think that Joan "stold" the honor of those families. After reading that for only a few minutes, I wonder exactly what Gert's definition of the word "honor" might be. Honor has to do with the higher values, honesty, and the way in which one person treats another. If Gert thinks she's doing anything but dragging her precious "honor" through the mud, she's sadly mistaken. In her blog, she shows herself to be nothing other than a gloating, hate filled, bombastic, egomaniacal bully. Yes, through threat and intimidation, and misrepresentations, she and her sisters did manage to get Joan's publisher to discontinue publication of Joan's book. This shows that she and her other two sisters are incapable of reasoned arguement, and had no legitimate arguement to begin with.

 Having achieved their goal of restricting Joan's right to free speech, they aren't content. They continue to twist facts, threaten and harass anyone and everyone who has the audacity to call Joan a friend, and have even gone so far as trying to have world renowned professionals removed from their positions of employment simply for agreeing with Joan's positions regarding adoption reform. They have also, as busybodies and bullies will, attempted to discredit Joan in every aspect of the field in which she has earned her degrees. Whether one agrees with the objectives of adoption reform or not, it is only just to allow each person to be able to express their opinion and work productively to achieve their goals, yet at one time or another, members of this "Gang of Three" have gone to organizations which included Joan in their membership and have tried to have her removed. In some cases, again through lies, threats, and the sheer annoyance of trying to deal with the irrational behavior of these three, they have succeeded. And the reason for this? They didn't like it when Joan told the truth about herself and presented the truthful facts concerning how she was treated by both her natural and adoptive families. This is, from their point of view, undesireable. Unfortunately for them, through the vehicle of their blogs, they show the world how true the facts presented in Joan's book really are.

More to come. Please stay tuned! I know that as soon as this hits the net, I'll be attacked by at least one of these siblings. I'll then be more than happy to post their objections. I have no doubt that anyone having the audacity to stand up for the rights of one person to simply tell her story the way she has experienced it will be contacted by these "ladies". Rather than feeling threatened, I would invite anyone so contacted to post any communication to this site. Comments from Joan's sisters, however, will not be posted. They may respond in any way they wish on their own malignant blogs. If anyone wishes to find out what hate and absence of a purpose in life consists of, I would suggest you visit the blogs of one of the three afore mentioned sisters. It should be an valuable education about what to avoid if one is in any way charitable!

5 comments:

  1. Comment from Kathy via Gert

    In the light of recent postings here, I have taken a cursory look at this ‘defending’ blog of Champ/Brian’s. I noticed several references to myself. I also note Brian’s apparent concern for the state of my mental and physical health along with Ruth’s and Gert’s. How kind. I would like to assure Mr Maloney, although it really is none of his business, that my health, in all its aspects, is as ‘well as can be expected’. I find it incredulous that he should be so interested in my welfare, because to the best of my knowledge he and I have never met. I humbly thank him for that interest- it’s always good to know someone out there is concerned for my welfare. I thank him from the pits of my heart, it would be rude of me not to.

    Mr Maloney notes my ‘lack of interest’ in all things concerning his defendee, and he is correct – I am not interested now, never have been and never will be interested in her, nor for that matter, his life or concerns, least of all his apparent interest in me and my life. I am only interested in my life and concerns, because that is all that is required of any of us on earth, and he is not part of my life, nor is his defendee. But, again, I thank him deeply and humbly for his kind interest and seeming concern, as befits the Healer and Spiritual Seeker he purports to be.

    I congratulate Mr Maloney, because he has succeeded where his defendee has failed- to get me to respond- well done him. But I respond only to put his long-suffering mind at rest, and assure him of my continuing good health and contentment in the life choices I have made. If my circumstances should change, either way, he and his defendee would be the last to know. If he and his defendee wish to continue to worry about me and my welfare, that is their business.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlatans can be found everywhere and in every field of healing Brian isn’t the only one.
    by gertmcqueen
    I have been around the mystical, metaphysical, spiritual and a variety of healing arts of many traditions for close to 25 years. I have been trained by some of the best, in several of traditions. I do not have to recount, what I know and I don’t have to impress.

    That being said, I do have attunement for Reiki 1 and know many Reiki masters. I know a variety of martial arts; have studied tai-chi and qi-gong for 15 years. While I do not do Tai-Kwon-Do myself, I know many Tai-kwon-Do Black Belts including several 5th masters and a 7th degree master, who happened to further my study of Reiki and qi-gong! My companion is a 2nd degree Black Belt. I have been practicing and studying, all aspects of yoga, for 15 years and all my instructors are from named yoga schools, in the US and India.

    I am not easily awed! There are people, past and present that are awed by me, so I don’t need to impress anyone…I know what I know and I don’t need to promote it.

    I shall never be enlightened in this life-time…that I know… for I still have many aversions and attractions that I cannot let go off…I am quite aware of my faults and my good points. I’m still a work in progress…and I have made progress.

    But the one thing that I’ve always been able to do has been to spot the liars, the cons, the charlatans, the want to bes and the stupids. I’m still standing ; they are not!

    Brian…I’m not impressed…in fact I’m horrified! You do not do the Reiki traditions any good.

    While I continue to refute things that Joan Wheeler has said and have many resentments and anger towards her I am still reminded about a couple of things that have happened to me…in my reiki attunement and in serious meditations…and I refer you to this post…

    My mother as my spiritual benefactor by Gert McQueen October 5, 2010
    furthermore….any real Reiki master would NEVER speak the hate and anger that Brian Maloney has spoken and written, on behalf of Joan Wheeler, against us, Ruth, Kathy and Gert…birthsiblings to Joan…

    More than shame on you… Brian…the spirit guides obviously left you some time ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it comes to showing hate, all you do is malign, abuse, denigrate, bully, and threaten others. One look at your blog makes that evident. Your comments here only reenforce that. Anyone who challenges your opinion is attacked and stalked by you. And you're defenseless to refute me because you can't control yourself. I, on the other hand, have done nothing but suggest you find the help you need so badly in order for you to find the peace and happiness you so deserve. As Lao Tzu once wrote, " When I let go of who I am, I become who I might be." Don't be afraid to let go. Then you might find some peace in your life. If those sentiments are abusive of bullying, then I'm guilty of both. Let the readers judge.

      Delete
  3. from Ruth

    well said Gert -And might I add, I myself have not studied Reiki in depth, but I do know what it is. I have not studied Tai-Kwon-Do, either, but I know what it is. I have studied and practiced yoga, but not as extensively as Gert.But I have been studying the metaphysics since I was about 16. In 1982, my stepmother and I attended a psychic phenomena course at Buff State. One of the topics we covered was EVPs – electronice voice phenomena, which is one of the tools used in Paranormal Investigation. Twenty-five years before Jason and Grant and their TAPS organization began their Ghost Hunters tv show, I knew all about it.

    I have studied Transcendental Meditation since my early 20′s. In 1972, I purchased a book through Scientific American magazine, called “Altered States of Consciousnes.” It was actually a compilation of several articles on the subject that was published in their magazine. In 1980, the movie “Altered States” came out. – While the movie did not go into all the scientific nomenclature OF the various altered states of consciousness (Alpha, Beta, Theta) – it did portray a fairly accurate account of age-digression, induced by sensory deprivation and hallucinogenic drugs. The movie also showed the main character ingesting a drug with Mexican Indians, but doesn’t identify it, but I suspect they were hinting that it was peyote.

    I have also studied Casteneda and Watts extensively. I am also well versed in the mythologys and pantheons of several ancient cultures. And for the past 25 years, have practiced self-hypnosis as a tool to better myself.

    I also know of long-distance energy healing. I have performed it myself on occasion. I learned that from my step-mother, who was herself a medium- who learned it from her grandmother in Greece.

    I have also learned, though not mastered, Astral Traveling. Under the guidance of my stepmother and a couple of her friends.

    So I have read and studied, attended classes and seminars conducted by teachers from around the country fo 44 years now. And I, like Gert, am not easily awed. And I can spot con artists and charletons right off the bat.

    And I too, know that I have not learned all the lessons I need to learn. I have learned much in this incarnation. I know that in future incarnations, I will continue to learn and grow. I do know that I am old soul. As is Gert, and my husband John. And my first husband Abdo. I feel that the four of us have been circling each other for many lifetimes.

    I do feel that Joan and Brian are young souls, with much learning to do. And while I can extend some leeway for that – I can not and will not allow them to run roughshod over me. I did it over and over again with Joan back in the 80′s – I kept making excuses for her and turning the other cheek whenever she treated me like a doormat. — Gert is always fond of saying, “I’m not into suffering.” – lol. I put threw away the suffering doormat in 1990 and my need for martyrdom when I stood up and declared that Joan Wheeler will not bully me any more. I had asked my cousin Gail, why do I take this shit from her? I don’t take this shit from anybody else? – Gail said simply, “because she’s your sister and you love her.” It took me a couple of years to get it through my head that yeah, I love her, but I ain’t gonna take this shit no more. And when she started to try to destroy my life in the 90′s – my love for her disappeared.

    She never succeeded in destroying my life, I’m too strong for that. But I see right now, the destruction of another life by Joan Wheeler. — We did try to warn people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. on gertmcqueen.wordpress.com
    a reminder of why and how Joan Wheeler’s book was pulled for libel…are you listening Brian Maloney?
    Brian Maloney doesn’t seem to understand the whys and hows that got Joan’s lying book pulled from publication..we need to show him and others AGAIN and if they don’t get it this time, we will continue to tell them.
    No one gets to write a book about other people’s lives and lie about them and GET AWAY WITH IT.Let’s revisit a couple of posts…

    see…THE BOOK FORBIDDEN FAMILY BY JOAN M. WHEELER HAS BEEN PULLED FROM PUBLICATION BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO THE PUBLISHER THAT JOAN LIED IN THE BOOK! May 9, 2011.
    see..Joan Wheeler’s book Forbidden Family has been pulled from publication part 2 – Joan thanks her birth sisters for exposing her lies.May 10, 2011
    see…Evidence sent to Trafford Publications which resulted in the pulling of the book Forbidden Family by Joan Wheeler – Part 1June 22, 2011
    see..My complaint to Trafford Publications concerning the slander and libel contained in the book Forbidden Family by Joan WheelerNovember 30, 2011

    there’s more where they came from and believe me… I shall continue to repost and post about this lying bitch until she and all her friends pull down every lying hateful blop on us….bank on it.

    ReplyDelete